Looking through the archives...

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Death's POV
No matter how many millennia I've worked, I still hate wars. Blood shed for frivolous reasons. I'm too old to see the point.
I collected each soul as they fell...except for one.
"I'll do anything!" they begged, blood pooling from their split armor.
Anything? I thought of Life, my spouse, hollow with grief during times like this. There was one thing that could end both our miseries.
"Very well." I snapped my fingers, lifting my touch from them. "Bring me the soul of a god."
Some call it wicked. But I have met many mortals whose courage knew no bounds. They were one of them.

A/N: I once read this comic where Death and Life were partners and there was one particular scene where a fox was drowning and Death was about to take it before someone quickly saved it and Life was like "yes! a win for me!" and Death laughed and said "I love losing to you". That, and Terry Pratchett, inspired this story.


Loved these? Drop a comment below and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment